Laura LaPorta, PT, PhD, OCSEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to being the President/Owner of Providence Physical Therapy, Laura has had ranked and/or affiliate faculty roles at Regis University in the School of Physical Therapy and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas since 1997. She has worked in private physical therapy practice since 1994 and has specialized in the treatment of women’s health and men’s health issues since 1998. She speaks locally and nationally on women’s health topics in communities and at scientific meetings, has published in scientific journals, and is a principal investigator in clinical research on an ongoing basis. As a holistic manual therapist, she addresses the pain, movement dysfunction, health and wellness issues of all of her patients in a comprehensive and empowering manner. She enjoys spending her free time with her children cooking, organic gardening, staying fit, and taking trips to the mountains. She highly values personal and spiritual growth and enjoys encouraging growth in others by providing education and encouragement to those inside and outside of her local church, facilitating small groups, and serving in her community.
- Licensed physical therapist since 1994
- Board Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist (OCS), APTA
- Certificate of Achievement in Pelvic Physical Therapy (CAPP-Pelvic), APTA
- Expertise in the treatment of pelvic floor muscle dysfunction in men and women
- Certificate in Women’s Health, Texas Woman’s University
- Trigger point dry needling
- Principal investigator in women’s health clinical research
- Ongoing continuing professional education in orthopaedics, manual therapy, spine and pelvis rehabilitation, prenatal and postpartum care, pelvic floor dysfunction for women and men, and osteoporosis.
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) in Women’s Health and Orthopedics, Texas Woman’s University, School of Physical Therapy, Dallas, TX
- Masters of Physical Therapy (MSPT), University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami FL
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology (BS), University of Colorado, Boulder, CO